Advising by College
Office of University Academic Advising Services Mission Statement
The Office of Academic Advising supports, encourages, and empowers UGA academic advisors and the students they serve by improving campus-wide advising communication, collaboration, and community.
This mission is accomplished through:
- Answering advising-related questions from all stakeholders (students, advisors, campus partners) efficiently and with compassion
- Facilitating connections across campus to resources and information
- Consulting, collaborating and creative problem-solving on advising-related issues
- Supporting advisors in their service to students
- Guiding and implementing campus-wide advising initiatives and assessment
Advising at UGA
Advising at UGA is decentralized, and each school and college has an advising office for students within that school or college. Faculty and professional academic advisors help undergraduate students understand the options and opportunities for academic programs of study, degree requirements, academic resources, and course selection. Academic advisors engage students in meaningful relationships designed to support and encourage a challenging and successful undergraduate education.
School and College Advising Offices